Chandler Law – Giving the Elderly a Voice
Assisted living facilities, nursing homes, home health providers, financial advisers and even family members often treat the elderly as sources of income rather than as valuable members of the community. At The Chandler Law Firm in Fresno, our elder abuse advocates work to protect senior citizens from elder abuse and neglect that is running rampant in today’s society. Stuart Chandler has been a tireless advocate for the elderly and is recognized as one of the top elder abuse and nursing home attorneys in the Central Valley. To learn how the Chandler Law Firm and Stuart Chandler can help you or your loved one fight back and protect the health and welfare of you or a family member, call (559) 431-7770 or fill out our detailed case questionnaire today.
Nursing home abuse and neglect is inexcusable.
As an industry, assisted care facilities and nursing homes are not doing a good job of caring for residents. In too many facilities, money is more important than simply meeting obligations to residents.
- Elder care facilities are often understaffed.
- Many do not do an adequate job of screening, training and supervising their staff.
- Many elderly care facilities do not have staff that are qualified and trained to perform the job functions for which they are hired.
The results of elder abuse is frightening:
- Neglected residents can suffer from bed sores. When decubitus ulcers become infected, they often result in bone infection and/or lost limbs.
- Improperly supervised residents can wander off. Outside the home, they can be hit by cars, be attacked, fall down and break bones.
- Neglected nursing home residents may get improper medications and may suffer from malnutrition and dehydration.
When nursing homes do not meet the appropriate standard of care, when they are challenged in court, when they are made to pay compensation for elder abuse and neglect, there is more of an incentive to treat residents with the care they deserve. The Chandler Law Firm has years of success and experience in fighting against nursing home abuse and neglect. Many elderly people are victims of financial abuse.